Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Puree)
Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are very good for breakfast or afternoon snack. These bars are filled with the goodness of oatmeal, flaxseeds, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree.Being eggless, these healthy oatmeal breakfast bars are gluten–free as well.
Servings 16 Squares
- 1.5 tbsp flaxseed powdered finely
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 cup rolled oats powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup dairy-free choco chips
For Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
First of all, soak the flaxseeds powder in ¼ cup of water for 10 minutes. This water quantity is adjusted from the listed ingredient list only.
Sift together all dry ingredients in a bowl and kept aside.
In another large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients. In addition to this add flaxseeds mixture as well
Now add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine well. There should be no lump.
Mix choco chips into the wet batter. (Before combining dry ingredients take 1 tsp of the flour. Choco chips should be rubbed with this flour. This helps choco chips not to sink in wet batter.)
Preheat the oven at 180 C.
Grease a square pan and transfer the batter. Sprinkle some choco chips on top of it. Bake it for 30-35 minutes.
Allow pan to cool down completely and then cut the squares.
In a small bowl take oil and peanut butter. Microwave it for 2-3 minutes or till peanut butter is melted.
Drizzle this on the top of the bar’s surface. Serve them with milk, a perfect snack oatmeal flaxseeds breakfast bars are ready to eat.
- Add cocoa powder if you like chocolate flavor.
- I used 1:1 quantity of rolled oats and oat's powder. Both ingredients can be used as a full quantity.
- Avoid peanut butter drizzling in case you do not like peanut butter. I avoid it now.
- With oats, these bars are denser. Let them cool down completely before cutting.
- Make sure to add rolled oats as they give chewy and dense texture.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2383IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg