Mooli Raita Recipe (Radish Raita)
Mooli raita or Radish Raita is crunchy yogurt raita made with grated mooli, greek yogurt. A little spicy aromatic tempering added to enhance the flavors. Here is how to make it.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup mooli grated
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp cumin seed
- ¼ tsp mustard seed
- 2 dry red chili
- 6-8 curry leaves
Prepare Mooli Raita
First of all, take a mixing bowl and add greek yogurt & water.
Whisk it till fine smooth consistency
Clean, peel, and wash mooli. Grate it and squeeze extra water content. Add grated mooli, salt, and roasted cumin powder to the whisked yogurt.
Mix well and adjust salt as per taste.
Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds, dry red chilies, cumin seeds, and curry leaves. Keep stirring and cook for 2 minutes.
Add it to the raita. Mix well and chill for 30 minutes. Serve chilled
- This raita tastes best when using fresh, soft, and tender radishes due to their sweet smell and nice taste.
- You can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge. However, do not add salt while storing, add just before serving. Else radish will leave water content and raita will become too watery.
- I am using greek yogurt and used ¼ cup of water to thin down. If using homemade curd then first add grated mooli and then adjust the consistency by adding extra water.
- This muli raita is South Indian Style raita, adding tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves, & dry red chilies. You can skip this tempering, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy it as is.
- I have tried it with Indian radish and daikon to make this raita. Feel free to use red radish as well
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 72IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg