Instant Pot Popcorn
Instant Pot Popcorn- is very easy to make snack at home. Learn how to make popcorn in an instant pot with just two ingredients, in a few minutes.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil costco coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
To make popcorn, first, switch on the instant pot and set SAUTE MODE on. Wait till instant pot show HOT on the display.
Once you see HOT on the display screen add coconut oil and let it heat for 3 minutes.
After 3 minutes add popcorn kernels. Mix with the help of spatula till every kernel is covered in coconut oil. Stir occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
After 1 minute 30 seconds around, close the pot with the glass lid and allow them to pop.
Initially, you will notice popping sound frequently and then it shows down. Once you notice the slowing down press CANCEL mode.
Shake– Hold the inner pot using mittens and give a shake. This will allow any uncooked kernel to go down at the bottom and pop up further. Let it sit for another 30 seconds.
and shake the popcorn well. At this point, you can add your favorite seasoning with little butter. Transfer them to a bowl and enjoy.
Serve this homemade popcorn immediately.
The best oil to choose
Coconut oil is BEST if used while making popcorn in the instant pot for various reasons.
If coconut oil is not available then feel free to use olive oil, clarified butter or ghee. I made instant pot ghee at home.
Tips & FAQ’s
- It is much healthier with good fats.
- Has a high smoke point.
- It also ensures to cook kernels at high heat which is required for them to pop.
- The First & foremost tip is to avoid using butter. Butter gets burnt at the bottom of an instant pot. My preferred oil is now Coconut oil.
- Once you see HOT on the display screen then add coconut oil.
- Let the oil heated for 2 minutes before adding kernels.
- Do not stuff instant pot with popcorn kernels. Ideally, ⅓ quantity is good enough to cover the bottom of 6qt instant pot evenly.
- Close the pot with glass lid. While it helps to maintain the temperature of the inside pot, it also helps to avoid spluttering oil. Be careful.
- Once popping sounds go down, CANCEL the SAUTE mode, and take out the insert pan.
- Transfer to a bowl asap.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg