Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Learn how to make hard-boiled eggs in an instant pot every time with a 5-5-5 method. They are easy to peel, perfectly cooked, and quick to make.
Trivet or Steamer basket
- 11 egg (Used brown & white eggs)
- 1 cup water
First of all, add water in the instant pot insert and place the trivet. Carefully place the eggs on top of the trivet.
Close the lid and set the vent to the SEALING position. Press PRESSURE COOK and set the timer for 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
After the cooking is done, wait for 5 minutes and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
Transfer the boil eggs in ice bathwater and keep it for the next 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes peel the eggs and serve immediately. Instant pot hard boiled eggs are ready to enjoy.
You can keep these hard boiled eggs in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Tips & FAQ's
There are a few points that are great to follow if you want perfect boiled eggs.
- Room temperature- It is always best to consume boiled eggs within the first 3-4 hours.
- Refrigerator- 2-4 days are good to store boil eggs in the fridge. Just use an airtight container to store.
- Freezer- It is not recommended to freeze hard boiled eggs. The white part of the eggs becomes rubbery & chewy after the thaw. Though you can separate the yolk and can freeze it.
- Always keep boil eggs in cold water for 5 minutes after pressure cooking. It helps in peeling.
- Boil eggs are always easy to peel just after an ice bath. It is better to peel and then store. Peeling becomes difficult if you store with the outer shell.
- I used 6 qt instant pot and boiled 11 eggs as per family need. But you can boil up to 20 eggs in one go with the same process.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 61mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg