Mango Raita or aam ka raita is so refreshing and a delicious raita recipe to make in the summer season. When mangoes are in abundance, this ripe mango mint raita with yogurt is a perfect delicacy to enjoy.
- 1 Cup Yogurt or curd I used greek yogurt in this recipe
- 1 Cup chopped ripe mango and some more for garnishing
- ½ Cup mango puree (optional)
- ½ Cup water
- ½ Tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar or maple syrup I used maple syrup
- ¼ Tsp black salt
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped mango pieces
- Mint leaves
In a mixing bowl add thick yogurt and water. Whisked together until yogurt looks smooth and creamy. If you prefer to add puree too, add it in place of water.
Peel the mangoes and chop it in small cubes.
Add these chopped mango pieces in the yogurt.
To this add roasted cumin seed powder, black salt, and adjust salt as per taste. Combine well. Adjust sugar level by tasting the mixture.
Garnish with chopped mint leaves and chopped mango. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve. I had this mango mint raita with mint pulao.
- If you enjoy flavored yogurt like mango lassi then add mango puree while whisking yogurt, it amplifies the mango flavor in this raita.
- Use fresh and thick curd (yogurt). It should not be sour. If the curd is sour then add milk in place of water.
- You can use pomegranate seeds too for garnishing.
- Use fresh seasonal nonfibrous mangoes.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 676IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg