Whole Wheat Mawa Gujiya | No Fail Gujiya Recipe
Mawa gujiya - deep-fried Indian pastry stuffed with mawa & coconut filling. How to make gujiya step by step. No-Fail Homemade Gujiya Recipe.
Servings 35 Gujiya
For The Dough
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup maida refined flour
- 1 tbsp sooji semolina
- 2 tbsp ghee clarified butter
- Water to knead the dough
For Sealing Gujiya
- 2 tbsp refined flour
- 5 tbsp water
For The Filling
- 1 cup mawa tightly packed mava known as milk solids
- ¼ cup cashew chopped finely
- ¼ cup almond chopped finely
- ¾ cup sugar powdered
- ¼ cup pistachio chopped finely
- ¼ cup coconut tightly packed grated coconut
- 1 tbsp chironji/chiroli
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Do not overstuff the filling. Fill the stuffing till you can easily seal them. If gujiyas are overfilled then filling will come out while deep frying.
- Make sure to use a flour-water paste to stick the sides of gujiya. That is the best way to seal.
- Cover the filled gujiya with damp clothes to avoid them from drying.
- It is great to use gujiya mold until you know the trick to folding with hands. It helps to seal gujiya properly.
- Adding oil or ghee to the dough (we call it as moyen) should be perfect. It helps in making the flaky and crispy crust. It should be added as per the mentioned quantity.
- Deep fry 7-10 gujiya at a time depending on the Kadai size you are using. It takes 15-20 minutes for each batch.
- Keep the dough covered with a moist cloth every single time. Else it becomes difficult to reuse it later.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg