Homemade Guacamole | How To Make Guacamole
Guacamole is a slightly chunky dip made with avocados, lime juice, onion, tomato, and cilantro. It takes just 10 minutes to make it at home with just a handful of fresh ingredients. Learn how to make the best guacamole at home.
- 3 avocado ripe medium size avocado
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup tomato deseed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 Serrano deseed and chili chopped finely
- Salt as per taste
- Handful cilantro chopped finely
First of all, make sure all ingredients are ready as required in the recipe. Avocado turns brown as soon as it is peeled and come in contact with air. So use it once other ingredients are ready to use.
Cut the avocados into halves and remove the seed. Scoop out and place in a mixing bowl.
Using a fork mash it nicely. Do not over mash, you may want to have some chunks. The best guacamole has a combination of some chunks with mashed avocado.
Mix the rest of the ingredients and combine them properly. Do not mash to puree consistency. Bits n pieces of avocado give a nice chunky texture.
Adjust salt and lime juice as per taste. Mix and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Avocados oxidize when cut and have a tendency to turn in brown color. Storing guacamole is tricky but using a few tricks you can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Store the leftover guac in an airtight container and add lemon juice on the surface. This will prevent it from browning. In case if it happens than Just discard the discolored part and serve the rest of the guac.
You can store the uncut avocado in the fridge for 3-4 days easily.
If cut then applies lemon juice on the surface. Lemon juice helps to slow down the process but eventually, avocado turns to brown and then black if storing it for more than a week.
Freezing is not recommended as after the thaw process guac does not taste as fresh. However, you can chop the avocado, transfer it in freezer-friendly bags, and store it in the freezer for a month. Just thaw before using
- Use the perfect ripen avocados to make guacamole. Overripe or firm avocados may ruin the flavors and the recipe will not come out as expected.
- Do not over mash the avocados. A bit creamy and chunky both texture required to taste the best guac.
- Instead of tomato, onion, garlic, feel free to add any leftover salsa. Adjust salt and chili as per taste. This will make a 4 ingredients guacamole recipe.
- Do not use a food processor to make guacamole. Best guacamole is known for its texture that is creamy with a bit chunkiness.
- Use fresh lime juice, do not add store-bought. You can replace it with fresh lemon juice as well
Serving: 0g | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg