Tomatillo Salsa Verde | Homemade Tomatillo Salsa | Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Tomatillo salsa verde is a fresh, healthy, flavorful and lip-smacking dip made with roasted tomatillos, peppers, garlic, onion, and coriander. This dip is great for tortilla chips or veggies chips or with pita chips. Tomatillos salsa verde is easy to make at home, it takes only 30 minutes to make this tasty dip with just a few ingredients. It makes a perfect party appetizer or any meal starter recipe.
Servings 1 Cup salsa verde
- 6 Medium sized tomatillo
- 1 or 2 Medium jalapenos or pepper (as per taste)
- 2 Tblsp chopped white onion
- Salt as per taste
- 3 Tblsp fresh green coriander or cilantro
- 1 Tblsp lime juice
- 1 Small garlic clove
First of all, clean and husked the tomatillos.
Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes. Place the tomatillo and jalapeno in a greased baking sheet and broil until they have blackened spots. It takes around 5-10 minutes depending on which shelf you have placed the baking sheet.
Once black spot appears carefully flip them on another side and broil for another 5-10 minutes to get the black spots on another side.
Meantime, add rest of the ingredients in a blender jar or food processor. I used my Ninja food processor to make this salsa verde.
Once tomatillos are done, let them sit for 5 minutes to cool down.
Add them in the food processor or blender after 5 minutes along with the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything combines well and smooth.
Adjust lime juice, salt as per taste. Tomatillo salsa verde is ready to serve.
- If you like creamier version then add avocado while blending.
- This dip can be stored in the fridge for a good one week. I prefer the fresh one over storing it.
- Replace tomatillo with red ripe tomatoes to make salsa.
- You can make this either with oven roasted tomatillo or pan-roasted one. Both will give a nice taste to the dip. Both processes take almost the same time.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg