Bajra Muthia A Gujarati Steamed Snack | How To Make Bajra Muthia
Bajra muthia is a popular Gujarati savory steamed snack, tempered with curry leaves, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. A perfect evening snack or a breakfast dish. Bajra muthia is very light and super healthy low calories snack to consume.
To Make Muthia
- 1 Cup bajra (pearl millet flour)
- 3 Tbl oats flour or semolina
- 1 Cup cabbage grated finely
- ¼ Tsp turmeric
- ½ Tsp cumin seed powder
- 1 Medium size onion chopped finely
- 2 Green chili chopped finely
- ½ Tsp soda
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Tblsp oil
- 1 Tsp cumin seed
- 2 Pinch of sesame seed
- 1 Tsp mustard seed
- A sprig of curry leaves
To make Gujrati bajra muthia first make a dough. Take a mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients listed under “To Make muthia”.
Add some water and mix until it binds everything. Do not knead the dough too much.
After making dough rub oil on your palms and divide dough in equal proportions, shape them into a cylindrical shape.
Grease the steamer plates and steam these cylinders for 15-20 min. Steam until a toothpick comes out clean.
After 20 min removes them from the steamer and cools them completely. Cut these into small pieces.
Heat a heavy bottom pan and prepare for tempering, to this add all cut pieces of steamed bajra muthia into the pan and mix well.
Serve Gujarati Bajra muthia hot with green coriander chutney and enjoy.
- Adding water is the main precaution here. Since cabbage contains water content, so if required add water gradually.
- Do not stir too often while shallow frying. Muthias tend to get disintegrate so do not worry.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg