Vrat Ki Papdi Chat | Kuttu Ki Papdi | Baked Buckwheat Savory Crackers Chat
Vrat ki papdi chat is a crunchy and deep fried snack which is eaten during fasting or vrat. This is a vegan and gluten-free snack too and I am sharing a baked version.
Servings 30 Papdis
For Making Papdis
- 1 cup kuttu flour (buckwheat flour)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- Water to knead the dough (approx 1/2 cup+2 tsp)
For Assembling vrat ki papdi chat
- 1 cup thick curd
- 2 Medium sized boiled potatoes chopped
- Vrat ki chutney
- Cumin seed powder
- Handful pomegranate pearls
- Handful dry roasted peanut
- Rock salt as per taste
First of all, keep vrat ki chutney ready beforehand.
Boil potatoes and chop them into small pieces. Keep this ready too.
Now prepare for making vrat ki papdi. In a mixing bowl gather all ingredients listed under for papdi. Knead a soft dough using water. It will take approximately 1/2 cup and 2 tsp of water.
keep it aside for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350F.
Divide the dough into two equal parts after 15 minutes of resting.
Dust the rolling surface and roll it in a big circle and cut the small circles with the help of cookie cutter.
Grease a cookies sheet and place these small circles carefully. Bake these for 15 minute. Flip them in the mid way.Take them out after 15 minutes and let them cool down. Assembly of vrat ki papdi chat– gather all ingredients at one place to make a chat.In a plate arrange 6-8 papdis. Place 1 tsp chopped boil potatoes.
Pour beaten curd on every papdi. Add vrat ki chutneys as per requirement.
Sprinkle cumin seed powder, rock salt and red chili powder. Garnish with roasted peanuts and pomagranate pearls.
Serve this vrat ki papdi chat and enjoy your vrat with kids and the whole family.
- Feel free to use rajgira flour or singhada flour to make papdis.
- Please consult your elders before trying on fasting days. Just in case if any ingredient is prohibited at your place.
- You can make this papdis beforehand too. Normal days also they make a great snack with tea.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg