Rice Kheer Recipe | Indian Rice Pudding | How To Make Rice Kheer
Rice kheer or rice pudding is one of the favorite Indian dessert and commonly made in every household. It is similar to payasam made in South India.
Servings 4 Serving
- 6 Cups milk full cream
- ¼ Cup rice
- ⅓ Cup sugar (adjust as per taste)
- 12-16 Raisin (optional)
- 3-4 Tblsp chopped dry fruits (cashew, almond,pista)
- 2 Tblsp grated dry coconut (khopra)
- Few Saffron strands
- 1 Tsp cardamom powder
First of all, clean and wash rice.
Take a deep pan, add milk and boil it on medium flame.
Once the milk is boiled add rice and cook on medium to low flame. Keep stirring occasionally otherwise it will burn at the bottom.
It takes around 20-25 minutes to get thickness and rice cooked nicely.
Add dry fruits, grated coconut, cardamom powder, raisins, and sugar. Mix nicely and cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes till sugar dissolves.
Add saffron strands too if you are making kheer with saffron.
Simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped dry fruits.
Rice kheer or rice pudding is ready to serve hot. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving if you want chilled chawal ki kheer.
- You can use rose water too in place of saffron for another variation.
- Similarly, kheer or pudding can be made with bottle gourd, carrot, tapioca pearls, pumpkin, lotus seed.
- To check kheer or pudding’s consistency, drop a spoonful of kheer, milk, and rice both should go down together. If not means kheer is not ready and need more cooking in terms of thickness.
- Always boil rice in milk, this ensures that milk is absorbed by rice grains and chewing them will give you a rich flavor.
- Adding dry coconut which is also known as khopra or sookha nariyal makes it rich and a delicious sweet dish. Just try and I bet you will love this even more.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg