Vrat Ke Aloo Chaat
Vrat ke aloo chaat is a no onion no garlic recipe yet lip-smacking food. Crispy potatoes seasoned with few spices & roasted peanuts make this vrat ki aloo chaat delicious.
Servings 4 Serving
- 4 Medium size boiled potato
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- 1 Green chili chopped
- A handful green coriander finely chopped
- Sendha namak or rock salt as per taste
- ¼ cup roasted peanut (crushed)
- 2 tbsp ghee
First of all, pressure cook the potato for 3-4 whistle based on potato quality. Peel them and crush them roughly.
Heat ghee in a kadhai on medium flame. Once it is hot add cumin seed. Let them crackle.
To this add chopped green chilies and stir for 20-30 seconds.
Now add roughly crushed boiled potatoes, mix nicely.
Finally, add crushed peanut and green coriander. Adjust salt as per taste.
Mix nicely and cook for 3-4 minutes.Vrat wale aloo or vrat ke jeera aloo is ready to serve.
If you want to make farali chaat with this vrat ke aloo then add curd, cumin seed powder, red chili powder, and vrat ki chutney, falahari chaat will be ready.
Tips & FAQ’s
- Vrat ke aloo is a very simple and easy recipe nothing fancy.
- Make farali chaat with these and enjoy your fasting break.
- Make sure vrat ki chutney is prepared ahead of the time.
- Curd should not be sour. In case if it tastes sour then please add a little sugar & milk.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 977mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 3mg