Capsicum (Bell Peppers) Paratha
Capsicum paratha is an easy Indian flatbread for breakfast. Mix bell peppers in wheat flour with few spices this capsicum paratha tastes great.
Servings 6 Paratha
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- green coriander Handful finely chopped
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- Water to knead the dough
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Really rub nicely everything in the flour.
Slowly add water and start making a dough. You will need less than ½ cup of water to make it. Onion or capsicum keep scattering but do not worry just stick them back.
Divide the dough into equal portions. I could make 6 medium size parathas.
Heat a griddle on medium flame. Dust the surface and roll a dough ball into 4-5″ circle.
Place it on the griddle. Apply oil and cook from both sides until golden brown.
Onion capsicum paratha is ready to serve with pickle or chutney or curd.
There are few variations to try with the existing ingredients.
Tips & FAQ’s
- Paneer capsicum paratha– Add paneer in the same recipe while kneading the dough.
- Aloo capsicum paratha
- Capsicum cheese paratha
- These parathas are best when serving hot.
- This is the easiest paratha which can never go wrong. So make it and taste it.
- You can add any other vegetable, like cauliflower, carrot, cabbage in this recipe.
Is capsicum paratha vegan?
Capsicum paratha is vegan as oil is used to pan fry the paratha.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 389IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg