Gajar Matar Sabji | Indian Carrot And Peas Curry Recipe | How To Make Gajar Matar Ki Sabji
Gajar Matar sabji is a dry mix of carrots and peas sauteed in oil with spices. A very simple dish to use seasonal veggies and create a flavorful dish. This gajar matar ki sabji is cooked mostly in winters because that’s when fresh carrots and peas are available in the market.
- 3 Cup carrots cut in slices or small pieces
- 1 Cup peas (if fresh is not available then use frozen, thaw before measuring)
- 1 Cup potato cut into small pieces
- 2 Small green chilies chopped (optional)
- 1 Medium size tomato chopped finely
- ½ Cup onion chopped finely
- 1 Tsp cumin seed
- 1″ Ginger freshly grated
- ¼ Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp kitchen king (garam masala)
- 1 Tsp dry coriander powder
- ½ Tsp red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tblsp oil for cooking
- ½ cup water
- A handful of green chopped coriander
First heat a heavy bottom kadhai on medium flame. Add oil.
Once the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
Now add chopped onion, green chili, and grated ginger. Cook it until onions are light brown in color.
To this add chopped tomato. Cook for another 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes tomato will become soft and mushy. Add cut carrots and potato in the kadhai, mix well. Cover the lids and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium-low flame. Stir in between.
After 5 minutes add peas, kitchen king powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well and add ½ cup of water. Cover the lid and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve hot with roti or paratha. Gajar matar ki sabji or gajar matar sabji is ready to enjoy.
- You can skip onion for no onion version.
- I added a potato for my kids, you can skip if you want to keep only carrot and peas.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg