Pumpkin Soup | Kaddu Ka Soup
Pumpkin soup or kaddu ka soup is a thick creamy soup and very delicious. It is savory, simple, healthy and nutritious soup in cold winters.
Servings 4 Serving
- ½ Kg pumpkin (I used orange color pumpkin)
- 6-8 garlic pods
- 1 Medium size onion roughly chopped
- 1 Big tomato roughly chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Cup water
- 2 Tblsp fresh cream
- mixed seasoning (optional)
- 1 Tsp oil for cooking
First of all, peel the pumpkin and chop it into small pieces.
Pressure cook pumpkin, garlic pods, onion and tomato with 2 cups of water.
Let the cooker releases pressure on its own and mixture gets cool down.
Make puree. Heat oil in a pan, add salt and seasoning.
To this pour the puree and cook it to boil. I added ½ cup extra water to this puree as I like to have a bit watery.
Switch off the flame, adjust salt as per your taste and garnish it with cream. Pumpkin soup or kaddu ka soup is ready to serve.
- Adjust thickness as per your choice. I like to have a bit watery so added extra water.
- Seasoning is completely optional. This soup tastes great with just salt and pepper.
- If you do not like onion you can add bottlegourd. Not much difference in taste.
- Replace with coconut cream to make this recipe vegan.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg