Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk)
Masala chaas or spiced buttermilk is an Indian summer drink prepared with curd, water, few spices, and herbs. It is prepared in just five minutes. Here is how to make masala chaas step by step.
Servings 4 Adults
- 2 cup thick curd
- 4 cup water chilled
- 1 Green chili finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp black salt
- 14 mint leaves
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves
- ½" Ginger
Method 1- Using Blender
Take all the ingredients in a blender.
Blend it for a few pulses till all ingredients mix together.
Masala chaas or buttermilk drink is ready to serve and drink.
Method 2- Without Blender
- This recipe can be easily adjusted as per the serving.
- You can add more water if want diluted or can reduce for a thicker version. This completely depends on the curd quality if it is watery then less water required.
- Adjust chili as per your taste. With kids, I usually skip this.
- This buttermilk drink can be prepared in advance as well and consume within a day. If you require to store for more days then don’t add herbs while making it. Herbs lose their flavor if stored for longer and give a bitter taste especially mint leaves.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 1270mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1mg