Gond ke laddu
Gond Ke Laddu is rich in nutrients and traditional Indian sweet which is prepared in winters and a great healthy snack. In India, every household prepares aate aur Gond ke ladoo in the winter season. Dry fruit laddu with wholewheat is a great snack for all age group people, especially for kids & toddlers.
Servings 18 Pieces
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2.5 cup lotus seeds phool makhana
- ¼ cup almond chopped
- ¼ cup cashew
- 2 tbsp melon seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup pistachio
- ¼ cup edible gum gond
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup raisins optional
- 1 cup ghee 2-3 tblsp extra
- 2 cup jaggery powder
Step-1 Roasting wheat flour
First of all, take a heavy-bottomed pan and add wholewheat flour and ghee. You need ghee as much as that covers each particle of the flour.
Roast on the medium to low flame till the flour color changes to golden brown color. This process takes about 20-25 min. Be careful as it tends to get burnt quickly.
When flour is done, keep that aside in a wide plate.
IMPORTANT. 20-25 minutes are taken in roasting flour. This makes gond ladoo a crunchy crisp texture. You may notice sort of gooey texture which sticks in teeth if the flour is not roasted well.
Step-2 Roasting chopped nuts & seeds
In the same kadhai add 1 tbsp of ghee and roast chopped almond, cashew, pistachio, raisins, and melon seeds.
Once they change color transfer to the same plate you added roasted wheat flour.
Step-3 Roasting lotus seeds, Grind & Add
Add lotus seeds in the same kadhai with a little quantity of ghee and roast for 3-4 min. Let it cool down.Once they are cool, coarsely grind them and add in the mixture.
Step-4 Frying edible gum powder (gond) in ghee
Step-4 Add cardamom powder & jaggery
Step- 5 Mix well
Mix well with your hands now. NOTE- I had to transfer it to a big kadai.Add all the remaining ghee and keep mixing until everything combine uniformly.
Step- 6 Add extra ghee if mixture is too dry
Step- 7 Start making gondh laddu
Making gond ke laddu is a very straight forward recipe, however there are few points to take care if you wish to make the BEST ladoo.
- Any variety of nuts and dry fruits can be added to this recipe as per choice.
- Roasting wheat flour on low-medium heat.
- If the mixture is too dry increase ghee for 2-3 tbsp. Decreasing ghee quantity is not recommended as it will lose the purpose of making such delicious and nutritious sweet.
- Replace jaggery with the same amount of sugar if you want to make dry fruits ladoo with sugar.
- Make sure adding gond when ghee is hot. It should be puffed up nicely else it will be very chewy.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg