Carrot Quinoa Salad With Yogurt Tahini Dressing
Carrot quinoa salad with yogurt tahini dressing is a healthy, nutrient-rich and delicious fresh salad. If you look for a healthy, balanced and full of nutrients vegetarian meal then this carrot quinoa salad with yogurt tahini dressing is perfect to indulge. This quinoa bowl salad is gluten-free. You can use vegan curd to make it a vegan quinoa salad as well.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 Serving
To Make Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup quinoa
- 1 Cup vegetable stock (normal water or chicken stock)
To Make Caramelized Carrot
- 1 Tsp coriander seeds (coarsely ground coriander powder)
- 2 Tblsp butter
- 3 Medium carrots julienne cut
- 1 Medium size orange juice and its zest
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (honey)
- 1/4 Cup vegetable stock (normal water or chicken stock)
To Make Yogurt Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tblsp tahini
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 Tblsp coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1 Tblsp maple syrup (honey)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1/2 Cup roasted walnut roughly chopped
- Coriander leaves
- 3 Tbls feta cheese (optional)
- Orange slices
First of all, wash quinoa with clean with water 2-3 times. Add it in a pan with vegetable stock and boil on medium flame for 5-7 minutes. Switch off the flame and cover with lid for 5 minutes. It will absorb all the water and perfectly cooked after this.
Meanwhile, prepare caramelized carrot. To make it first take a non-stick pan and dry roast coriander seeds. If you don’t have seeds then use coarsely ground coriander powder.
Once it starts giving aroma than add butter, carrot, orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, and vegetable stock. Cook on medium-low flame until carrots are tender.
To make yogurt tahini dressing just add everything listed under dressing in a bowl and whisk together to make a smooth paste.
Once quinoa is cool down mix 3 tbsp dressing and caramelized carrot together in a mixing bowl.
Take a salad bowl and place this quinoa mixture and dressing as a side.
Garnish it with roasted walnut, carrot mix, orange slices, and coconut flakes. You can add coriander leaves too and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Carrot quinoa salad with yogurt tahini dressing is ready to serve and enjoy.
- If the vegetable stock is not available then feel free to use normal water.
- Tahini yogurt dressing is completely optional. You can skip and simply add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- In case you do not like a caramelized carrot then just add your favorite roasted vegetables and add salt, pepper, and lemon as per taste.