Mix Vegetable Moong Dal | Mix Vegetable In Yellow Lentil Gravy | V & GF
Mix vegetable moong dal is a healthy, nutritious and a flavorful vegan lentil recipe. This is a wholesome lentil soup with loads of vegetables with fewer spices. This one pot dal is very easy to make and gets ready under 30 minutes. Mix vegetable moong dal is just another alternative to make lentil recipe more tasty and nutritious with added vegetables.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
To Pressure Cook
- 1/2 Cup yellow lentil
- 1/8 Cup bengal gram
- 1/8 Cup split pigeon pea lentil
- 1 Medium size tomato chopped finely
- 3.5 Cups water
- 2 Cups mix vegetables (I used frozen pack having carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower)
- 1 Green chili chopped finely (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Medium size onion chopped finely
- 1″ Ginger grated
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tblsp oil
- 1/2 Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 Dry red chili
- 1/2 Tsp kitchen king powder (optional)
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 Tsp cumin seed
- Green coriander leaves chopped finely for garnishing
First of all, clean and wash all lentils. Pressure cook them with vegetables, tomato, green chili, turmeric powder, and salt. 2 Whistle is enough to cook everything. Let the pressure releases on its own.
Meanwhile, prepare for tempering. In a pan heat oil on medium flame. Once the oil is hot enough add cumin seed, asafoetida, and dry red chili.
Let the cumin seed crackle. To this add chopped onion, grated ginger, and garlic. Cook till onion turns to golden color.
When the onion is golden in color add Kashmiri red chili powder and kitchen king powder. Mix well and add this tempering to the lentil curry.
Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve hot.Mix vegetable moong dal is ready to serve with any Indian flatbread or just have it like a soup. Enjoy.
- Adjust chilies as per taste. I normally use chilies for the flavor they are not hot.
- You can add any seasonal vegetable like bottle gourd, pumpkin or zucchini.