Kuttu Ka Dahi Bhalla | Buckwheat Flour Dumplings In Spicy Yogurt | Navratri Meal Plan Day 6
Kuttu ka dahi Bhalla or vrat ka dahi vada made with buckwheat flour and then combined with beaten curd/yogurt, vrat ki chutney, cumin seed powder, and green coriander. Try this yummy tangy, gluten-free and lip-smacking snack on fasting occasions.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Soaking Time 1 hour
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 Serving
- 1/2 Cup kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour)
- 1/4 Tsp cumin seed powder
- Sendha namak (rock salt as per taste)
- 1 Tblsp magaj or melon seeds
- 1 Tblsp sliced almonds
- 2 Tblsp curd
- 1/2 Cup water
For Making Chat
- 1 Cup beat curd
- Vrat ki chutneys
- 1 Tsp cumin seed powder
- 1 Tblsp green coriander chopped finely
- Sendha namak as per taste
- Pomegranate seed for garnishing
Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredient. Make a smooth batter.
Heat oil in a pan. Make small dumpling and deep fry them on medium flame. Fry them till golden in color.
Transfer them on a kitchen towel so that extra oil will get absorbed.
In a bowl take 2 glass of water and dissolve 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar. Keep it ready.
Soak all fried dumplings in the water for 1 hour.
After an hour squeeze the dumpling and arrange in a serving plate.
Generously pour curd over them, add vrat ki chutneys and cumin seed powder. Adjust salt as per taste.
Serve these kuttu ka dahi Bhalla on your fasting days and enjoy with family.
- You can use rajgira or singhada flour to make these dumplings, but I have not tried so can not say how they will come.
- Please consult your elders before trying on fasting days. Just in case if any ingredient is prohibited at your place.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg