Farali French Fries | Vrat Ke French Fries | Rajgira Flour French Fries | Navratri Meal Plan Day 3
Farali french fries or vrat ke french fries are crunchy, crispy, and deep fried snack to make on fasting days. Perfect to have with tea and kids after school snack as well.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 Serving
- 2 Big long size potatoes
- 1 Cup rajgira or Amarnath flour
- 3 Tblsp arrowroot powder
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup green coriander finely chopped
- 1 Tsp grated ginger
- Rock salt as per taste
- Approximately 3/4 Cup + 3 Tbsp water to make a batter
- Oil for deep frying
First of all, peel and clean potatoes. Cut them in slices either using a knife or with french fries cutter.
In a mixing bowl add rajgira flour (aAmarnathflour), arrowroot powder, grated ginger, chopped chili and green coriander. Mix well.
Using water make a thick batter and adjust salt as per taste.
Add potato slices in the batter and mix well. Deep fry them till golden brown.
Transfer them on a kitchen towel so that it can absorb extra oil.
Farali french fries or vrat ke french fries are ready to serve with tea or anytime on your fasting day.
- You can also use kuttu atta (buckwheat flour) or singhada atta(water chestnut flour) to make these farali french fries.
- This is completely a gluten-free snack.
- Consult your elders if any ingredient is prohibited at your home.
- This is a French version of Indian Kuttu pakora recipe. Enjoy even if there is no fasting involve. Kids enjoy these.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg