Shakarkand Ki Chat | Sweet Potato Chat North Indian Street Food | Navratri Meal Plan Day 1
Shakarkand ki chat or sweet potato chat is a popular North Indian street food which is tangy and spicy at the same time. This is also a common ingredient to consume during fasting days (Navratri, Ekadshi, Janamashtmi).
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 Serving
- 2 Medium size shakarkand or sweet potato
- 2 Tblsp tamarind chutney (vrat ki chutney)
- Rock salt as per taste
- 2 Tblsp green chutney (vrat ki chutney)
- 1/2 Tsp cumin seed powder
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 3 Tblsp Pomegranate seed
First of all, boil shakarkand in a pressure cooker with 1 cup of the water. 2 whistle is enough to cook them. Let the pressure releases on its own.
Let them cool down completely. They are very soft when hot. At room temperature, they will harden and easy to handle.
Peel and chop the boiled shakarkand.
Take a mixing bowl and add chopped boil shakarkand, both chutneys, cumin seed powder, salt as per taste, and lemon juice.
Mix properly and serve immediately. Shakarkand ki chat or sweet potato chat is ready to serve on fasting days.
- Adding chutneys is purely choice. You can eliminate as required.
- After boiling wait till shakarkand is at room temperature. Otherwise, shakarkand loosen and become soft.
- Chutney should be thick. I added everything while shakarkand was hot. That is the reason they look very very soft.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg