Nachni Pizza Paratha | Pizza Paratha | Healthy And Nutritious Finger Millet Flour Pizza Paratha
Pizza paratha is a stuffed flatbread which tastes like pizza and popular among kids. It is a fusion between paratha (Indian flatbread) and Italian Pizza. This homemade pizza paratha is hygienic and healthy as compared to market one. This is a very quick and easy pizza paratha recipe and can be made anytime if all the ingredients are available. Pizza paratha is also known as vegetable stuffed cheese paratha or cheese paratha.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 Serving
- 1/2 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup + 2-3 Tbsp water to knead
- Red bell pepper- 1/4 Cup
- Green bell pepper- 1/4 Cup
- Yellow bell pepper- 1/4 Cup
- Orange bell pepper- 1/4 Cup
- 1/4 Cup sweet corn
- 3 Tblsp olives finely chopped
- 2 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
- 3 Tblsp pizza sauce
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Oil for cooking
- Dry flour to dust
In a mixing bowl combine ragi flour, whole wheat flour salt, and oil. make a soft dough using water. Make sure you are careful while adding water. By any chance, if you added extra water just take extra whole wheat flour and then knead to make the dough.
Take another bowl to make the filling. Add bell peppers, sweet corn, olives, cheese, red chili flakes, Italian seasoning, pizza sauce, and salt. Give a nice mix. As soon as you make filling use it asap. Due to salt bell peppers starts releasing water. Even after a few minutes, it will be difficult to fill.
Now Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Make smooth balls from each portion.
Roll it into a 5-6″ circle. Don’t roll very thin. Make two rotis(flatbreads) of the same size and keep them ready.
Spread 5-6 tblsp filling on one of the rolled roti (flatbread).Except on the edges spread all over nicely.
Now place another rolled roti over this and seal gently on the edges with the help of a fork. Press slightly don’t press too hard otherwise the dough will break and filling will come out. Press gently so that filling sets in between the two layers.
Heat a griddle on medium flame. And once it is hot enough place this rolled paratha on the griddle.
Cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes and then flip it on another side.
Again take 1-2 minutes to cook paratha before applying oil. Paratha should look golden brown.
Apply oil and cook for few seconds from both sides. One paratha should take minimum 5-6 minutes to cook on the griddle on medium heat. Otherwise, it will be raw from inside.
Nachni Pizza Paratha or pizza paratha is ready to enjoy.
- Add red chili flakes as per choice. This quantity does not make this paratha spicy.
- You can add onion too. I did not add due to the shortage at the time of cooking.
- Any kind of vegetables will work to fill inside the paratha.
- For the dough, you can use only refined flour or whole wheat flour and any millet flour. This pizza filling enhances the flavor and so kids eat without a fuss. I find it a great way to feed healthy grains.
- Chop vegetables very fine, else it will be a difficult task to stuff.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg