Indori Sev Paratha | How To Make Quick And Easy Sev Paratha
Indori Sev Paratha is very quick, easy and tasty paratha I came to know. Simple nylon sev are seasoned with onion, chili, green coriander, and few spices.
Servings 5 Paratha
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nylon sev
- 1/4 cup bhujiya sev
- 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp green chili chopped finely
- green coriander A handful, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed powder
- Oil for cooking
First of all, make a soft dough by adding all ingredients listed under “dough”. Keep it aside.
In another mixing bowl add nylon sev, bhujiya sev, chopped onion, chili, and coriander. Add all the dry spices and mix well. Adjust salt and chili as per your taste.
Divide the dough into equal portions. I made 5 parathas with this quantity.
Take one portion and roll out in about 3″ circle. Place 2 tbsp mix in the center and gently seal it.
Dust and roll into 5-6 ” circle. Heat a griddle on medium heat.
Place this rolled paratha on the heated griddle. Apply oil and cook from both sides until golden brown.
Indori sev paratha or sev paratha is ready to serve with curd or pickle. Best to have it with tea and it is such a heavenly feeling.
This sev namkeen paratha tastes BEST when served hot. You can cook and once they are cool down, store them in a container. They are good for 24 hours at room temperature.
Tips & FAQ’s
- If using plain nylon sev then adjust salt and chili. I used bhujiya sev as well so less quantity of spices needed.
- The onion should be chopped finely, otherwise filling is a bit troublesome while rolling.
- Use the filling as soon as you make. Otherwise, it becomes soggy due to having onions.
- Be careful while rolling out parathas, always put light pressure, and roll in a circular motion around the center.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg