Farali Paratha | Kuttu Ka Paratha
Farali paratha or kuttu ka paratha is a traditional Indian flatbread eaten during Navratri fasting days. Kuttu, also known as buckwheat flour, is commonly used by the majority of people in India during fasting days, especially in Navratri. Bherwa kuttu ka paratha is prepared with spicy potato carrot filling in kuttu flour.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 3 Parathas
- 1/2 Cup kuttu flour (buckwheat flour)
- 1/4 Tsp cumin seed powder
- 1/2 Tsp sendha namak or rock salt
- 1Tblsp+1/4 Cup water to knead
- 1 Medium size boiled potato
- 3 Tblsp grated carrot
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp grated ginger
- A handful chopped green coriander
- 1/2 Tsp cumin seed powder
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for cooking
First of all, take everything listed under the dough and make a soft dough. Add water slowly otherwise, the dough becomes runny. Do not keep this dough for long. Kuttu flour becomes watery with time.
Now for filling add everything in another bowl and combine nicely. Adjust salt as per taste.
We can make three parathas with this preparation. So divide the dough into three equal portions.
Make a 3″ circle and place 2 tsp potato carrot filling. Gently seal the corners and flatten it using your palm.
Dust it with dry kuttu flour and gently roll down. It is very soft, so a little pressure is enough to flatten the dough ball.
Roll into 4-5″ circle and place it on heated griddle.
Flip it on another side after 1-2 minutes. Apply oil or ghee both sides and cook until golden brown.
Kuttu paratha or bherwa kuttu ka paratha is ready to serve with curd or buttermilk or any vrat ki chutney.
- You can have paneer filling as well. Instead of potato add paneer.
- Add water gently, otherwise, the dough becomes runny.
- Try to avoid adding sabudana flour or tapioca flour. For binding add boiled colocasia or potato. Otherwise, it is good enough to handle solely.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg