Kuttu Ka Cheela | Falahari Cheela | Buckwheat Cheela (Chilla)
Kuttu ka cheela or falahari cheela is a traditional Indian fasting recipe which is not only quick and easy to make but also make a vegan and gluten-free cheela recipe. Kuttu, also known as buckwheat flour, is commonly used by the majority of people in India during fasting days, especially in Navratri.
Servings 6 Cheela
- 1 cup kuttu ka atta or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup grated pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 Green chili chopped finely
- A handful green coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1+1/2+1/4 cup water (adjust consistency)
- Sendha namak or sendhva salt as per taste
- Oil for cooking
First of all, clean, wash and grate pumpkin and carrot.
In a mixing bowl take all the ingredients and combine with water. Adjust salt as per your taste. Consistency should be like normal dosa batter. So adjust water quantity accordingly.
Heat a griddle on medium flame and grease with some oil or ghee.
Pour two spoonful batter on tava and spread. This will not spread like normal dosa, just do as much as possible easily. It will be thicker than dosa.
Apply oil on the top of cheela and sides as well. Let it cook for 30-40 seconds.
Flip it over to other side and cook. It should be golden brown after cooking.
Kuttu ka cheela or buckwheat cheela or falahari cheela is ready to serve with curd or raita or any vrat vali sabji.
Kuttu chilla is always best to serve fresh and hot. Keeping it for longer makes it dry and tasteless.
You can always mix everything in the flour and make a batter. Store it in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge.
Tips & FAQ’s
- You can replace the grated pumpkin with a grated bottle gourd and make cheela.
- Skip the ingredient which you do not consume during fasting.
- You can make this cheela without adding any veggies too. That would be like kuttu dosa.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1302IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg