Kuttu Ki Tikki | Buckwheat Cutlet Recipe | Buckwheat Potato Croquette
Kuttu ki Tikki or buckwheat cutlet is a healthy, easy to cook and filling cutlet recipe. It is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. These cutlets are nutritious and makes a great snack choice for all even on no-fasting days.
- 8 Medium sized potato
- 1/2 cup sabudana or sago or tapioca pearls
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanut
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Green chili chopped finely (as per taste)
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Sendha namak as per taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 2 tsp dry mango powder
- Ghee for pan frying feel free to use oil as well
- green coriander chopped finely
- 1 cup green coriander leaves tightly packed
- 1 Green chilies
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (adjust as per taste)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1" Ginger
- Sendha namak as per taste
First of all, soak sabudana for 2 hours at least. That again depends on which size sabudana you are using.
Meanwhile, boil potatoes. Peel and mash them, keep it aside.
Dry roast peanut and coarsely ground them.
As sabudana is ready, combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Adjust salt as per taste. You do not need water to combine, sabudana and mashed potato have enough moisture to make a soft dough.
Divide this mixture into equal parts, I could make 16 tikkis with this mixture.
Shallow fry the tikkis in little ghee or clarified butter. You can use oil too.Fry both the sides. Serve with vrat ki chutney.
Take all ingredients for chutney in a grinding jar and grind till you get a smooth consistency. Adjust salt and lemon juice as per taste. Vrat ki green chutney is ready.
Kuttu ki Tikki or buckwheat cutlets are ready to serve hot.
You can also use sama rice flour, Amarnath flour, or rajgira flour to make these cutlets. Just replace kuttu ka aata with the above-mentioned flours and follow the rest of the process.
These are best to serve fresh.
Refrigerator– You can prepare the dough and patties. Store these patties in an airtight container and can keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
As required just take out from the fridge and either shallow fry or deep fry them. Serve hot
Freezer- If required you can store these patties in freezer-friendly zip lock bags and keep in the freezer.
Thaw before using these patties. Cook as per requirement and serve hot.
Tips & FAQ’s
- If the dough is not coming together then use little water. I did not use any water.
- These cutlets make a great substitute in burger patty. Kids love having it without compromise on taste in no-fasting days.
- These gluten-free flour can also be used on normal days as it is very nutritious.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg