Murmura Namkeen Recipe | Salted Puffed Rice | Murmura Chivda Recipe
Murmura namkeen or murmura chivda is a healthy, light and crunchy snack. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare this crispy namkeen with no fancy ingredients. This crispy murmura chivda is prepared tossing peanut, murmura, poha in spices with green chili and mustard seed tempering.
Servings 30 Servings
- 6 Cup murmura or puffed rice
- 2 Cup peanut
- 1.5 Cup poha or rice flakes
- 3 Tblsp oil
- 1 Sprig of curry leaves
- 1 Tsp cumin seed
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Green chili chopped
- 1 Tsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp mustard seed
- Salt as per taste
First of all, dry roast murmura, peanut, and poha. This makes all the ingredients super crunchy.
Heat oil in a heavy kadhai on medium flame. Add curry leaves and green chili. Once they stop spluttering add mustard seed and cumin seed. Let them crackle.
Now add turmeric powder and sugar, mix well. Finally add dry roasted murmura, peanut, and poha.
Mix properly and stir for 1-2 minute on low flame. Adjust salt as per taste.
Murmura namkeen or murmura chivda is ready to enjoy with adrak vali chai.
- Storebought murmura is not always crispy. I make sure to dry roast it first.
- Keep it in an airtight container. Murmura becomes soggy if kept open for the longer duration.
- A lot of variation can be done by adding lotus seeds, dry coconut flakes, dry fruits like cashew, almond, raisin, boondi and much more to add. But basic remains the same.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg