Fruit Custard Recipe | Mixed Fruit Custard | Fruit Salad With Custard
Fruit custard is a dessert prepared with custard sauce and adding fresh sweet taste fruits. This is the simplest dessert which is tasty, creamy and gets ready in just a few minutes. Fruit custard is also known as fruit salad with custard, loved by all age groups and a perfect dessert for the party.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Chilling Time 30 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 Serving
- 3 Cups milk (milk can be toned or full cream)
- 1 Tsp cardamom powder
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp custard powder (Brown and Polson vanilla flavor)
- 1 Banana sliced
- 1 Medium sized apple
- 1/2 Cup pomegranate
- 1/2 Cup grapes
- 2 Tblsp finely chopped dry fruits
First of all, take 1/2 cup of milk and dissolve custard powder in it. Make sure there is no lump, keep it ready.
Now add remaining milk in a pan and start heating.
Once it starts boiling add cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well and keep stirring it.
Now slow the flame and add dissolved custard powder. Keep stirring it as powder start making lumps if not mixed properly.
Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more and it will thicken. After 2-3 boil switch off the flame, custard always thickens more as it cools down.
Let the custard sauce cools down to room temperature before adding fruits. Do not forget this step.
When it is on room temperature whisk is nicely in order to have a smooth and creamy texture. Add fruits and mix nicely. You can serve immediately or keep it in the fridge to chill.
Garnish with chopped dry fruits and some chilled pomegranate pearls sprinkled. Fruit custard or fruit salad with custard is ready to serve.
- Fruits can be completely your choice.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste. 4 Tbsp sugar was good enough for me in 3 cups of milk. You can increase if you like a sweeter version.
- Increase your custard powder quantity by one extra spoon if you like it to be thicker. I like a bit runny.
- Avoid using citrus and watery fruits.
- Do not add fruits in hot custard sauce. It is a milk-based dessert, may curdle.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg