Corn Veg Soup - How to make corn veg soup with little twist
Corn veg soup is delicious with crunchy vegetables and aroma of garlic and ginger. A dash of pepper powder makes it little spicy but overall is lip-smacking soup. If you have frozen vegetables then it is just 10 min soup to make.
Servings 4 Serving
- 1/2 Cup cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Cup cabbage chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 Cups water or veg stock
- 1/2 Cup carrot cut into small pieces
- 2 Tsp corn flour
- 1/2 Cup peas (I used frozen)
- 1/2 Cup corn (I used frozen)
- 1 Tsp cooking oil
- 1 Tsp chopped or grated garlic
- 1/8 Tsp pepper powder
- 1 Tblsp spring onion
- Salt to taste
First of all, thaw frozen peas and corn.
Clean and chopped carrot, cauliflower and cabbage, keep these veggies ready.
Heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Let it cook for a min till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
To this add carrot and cauliflower pieces. Saute them for 2-3 mins.
Now add peas, corn, and cabbage. Mix well and saute for one min.
Add 3-4 cups of water or vegetable stock. Boil it until veggies are half cooked and water reduced a bit.
Mix 2 tsp of corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add in the pan and keep stirring.
Now mixture will become a bit thick. Add black or white pepper powder and salt to taste.
Garnish corn veg soup with spring onion and serve hot.
- Corn flour can be adjusted as per your choice of thickness. Add more if you need more thick soup.
- If you will use corn’s puree than it will become sweet corn soup.
- Sauteing veggies is optional, but doing so removes the rawness of vegetables.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg