Strawberry lassi is a refreshing & cool drink to have in summers. Made with fresh strawberries, Greek yogurt, sugar & cardamom, this strawberry yogurt smoothie taste great.
It is a fruity version of traditional Indian lassi. Learn how to make this delicious & refreshing summer drink strawberry lassi with 5 ingredients in just 5 minutes.
This strawberry yogurt smoothie is prepared with greek yogurt. You can also use plain homemade curd as well.
Chilled drinks are perfect for hot summer days, for a healthy breakfast. This berry drink qualifies for a low calories healthy snack as well.
Why you will love this recipe
This greek yogurt strawberry smoothie is light and gets ready in just five minutes.
Traditional lassis are sweet & salted. make flavored fruit lassi by adding sweet fruits or enjoy just plan lassi.
- It is creamy and delicious
- A healthy & nutritious yogurt smoothie
- Perfect after-school snack for kids
- Adding ice cream will make an easy dessert
- A power packed breakfast drink
If you like to skip yogurt then do check my strawberry milkshake which is sugar-free and prepared using 3 ingredients.
Please check RECIPE CARD for detailed ingredients list with accurate measurement.
- Yogurt- Using greek yogurt has one benefits it is a protein-rich yogurt. Which not only making lassi thick and creamy but also helping me to reach my daily protein intake.
- Strawberries- Use fresh strawberries, frozen berries may not result the same taste as fresh one.
- Milk- To dilute the lassi drink using milk. You can add water as well.
- Sweetener- Powdered sugar, stevia, honey, or maple syrup all works well with this yogurt smoothie.
- Flavoring- Cardamom powder gives a nice aroma and flavor when you start drinking. Don't skip it.
How to make strawberry lassi with greek yogurt
Learn how to make strawberry lassi at home with fresh strawberries & greek yogurt.
Step-1 Add everything in a blender
Add greek yogurt, strawberries, cardamom powder, sugar and milk in the blender jar.
Step-2 Blend well
Pulse for few seconds to get a smooth consistency.
Step-3 Garnish & Serve chilled
Chill & served in glasses. Garnish with mint leaves & cut strawberries.
Serve chilled and garnish with slices of strawberries with few mint leaves.
You can consume it any time during the day. A great snack or go well as a starter.
Add a scoop of strawberry ice cream and serve as a dessert.
Strawberry yogurt smoothie taste best when served freshly prepared and chilled. You can make it and store for 1-2 days.
Below are few variations to Indian lassi, enjoy .
Rose lassi- Add 2 tablespoon of rose syrup in sweet lassi recipe to make rose lassi.
Salted lassi- Replace sugar with salt in Punjabi lassi recipe to make salted lassi.
Tips & FAQ's
Check these tips to make the BEST strawberry yogurt smoothie at home.
- Use plain homemade curd to get the best flavors. You can use store bought curd as well. make sure it is not sour in taste.
- You can use low fat yogurt with low fat milk to make healthiest smoothie on lower calories. It may not be as thick as using full fat curd with full fat milk.
- If you want to make vegan strawberry lassi then use vegan curd and vegan milk.
- Add a scoop of ice cream while blending and you are ready for a berry dessert.
Lassi is a yogurt based Indian drink. You can make salted lassi, sweet lassi, plain lassi & by adding variety of fruits you can make fruit lassi as well. Strawberry lassi is prepared by blending fresh strawberries with yogurt. It is so refreshing & delicious summer drink to consume.
Lassi is a curd based drink which is a meal in itself. You can have it in breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is the best healthy snack as well. So all in all, you can have it any time of the day.
Blending fresh & clean strawberry with yogurt with other ingredients is all you need to make this fruit lassi. It is not at all compulsory to use strawberry puree.
You can use homemade curd, store-bought curd, or greek yogurt to make a variety of lassis. Strawberry lassi is prepared with Greek yogurt.
Fresh strawberries results in best taste. But if not available then you can make with frozen strawberries too.
calories in strawberry lassi depends on the portion size. It is a low calorie breakfast recipe and calories vary from 177 cal-250 cal.
Strawberry lassi made with fresh strawberries, fresh yogurt, sweetener and flavoring like cardamom powder.
You can use strawberry syrup as well to make lassi.
You can check few more Strawberry recipes
- 3 ingredients sugar-free strawberry milkshake
- Strawberry mango salsa
- Eggless strawberry brownie
- Strawberry avocado spinach salad
- Strawberry chia pudding
Few more summer drinks to enjoy from the blog
Strawberry Lassi With Greek Yogurt
- 2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup greek yogurt you can use plan curd as well
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar you can replace with honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup milk
- Add greek yogurt, strawberries, cardamom powder, sugar and milk in the blender jar.
- Pulse for few seconds to get a smooth consistency.
- Chill & served in glasses. Garnish with mint leaves & cut strawberries.
Pin it for later