Eggless strawberry brownie is a sweet, tangy, and chocolate flavored fudge brownie for Valentine’s day but can be made on any occasion. Basically, it is kind of chocolate covered strawberries in fudgy brownie form. Eggless Strawberry brownie is easy to make brownie recipe with healthy ingredients and fresh strawberries. It is best served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or just sliced strawberries.
This recipe idea I got from MasterChef Australia “Raspberry Brownie“. Due to unavailability of raspberry, I end up making with strawberry. As usual changes to the recipe, made with whole wheat and eggless. Here I replaced eggs with a flax egg and butter with olive oil. Eggless strawberry brownie came out fudgy, soft, moist and delectable. These are the perfect choice for valentine’s day or make them for any party, get-together or birthday party.
How To Make Eggless Brownie?
To replace egg you can substitute with egg replacer mix or just flax egg or applesauce. I don’t use banana puree for egg replacement due to its strong aroma.
How To Make Flax Egg?
It is very easy to make a flax egg. Mix 1 tbsp flaxseed powder in 3 tbsp water and keep it for 5 minutes undisturbed. It will thicken after 5 minutes. This whole mix is the replacement of 1 whole egg. So if a recipe calls for 2 eggs then I simply double it. The original recipe calls for 3 eggs for which I made 1.5 flax egg by adding 1.5 tbsp flaxseed powder in 4.5 tbsp water.
How To Bake With Fresh Fruits?
There is nothing more tempting then using fresh fruits in baking. But it comes with some tricky part. Fresh fruits tend to leave their juice during the baking process and make the final product very soft, moist and sometimes undercooked. There are some pointers which can help to save the final baked good.
- Use a very sharp knife while cutting fruits. This helps in cutting fruits without juicing much. A normal knife does not cut them sharply.
- Cut the larger pieces into small pieces. Fruits are heavy in the batter and will sink to the bottom while baking. So it is a good idea to chop them finely with the sharp knife before adding to the batter.
- Cover them with the dry flour before folding into the batter. This will not only help them to float in the batter but also will work not to release their juice while baking. Use flour for all recipes but if cocoa powder is being used in the recipe then roll in cocoa powder.
- It is always best to pat dry chopped fruits in order to absorb extra juice flowing. Too much fruit juice in the recipe will make it worse and ruin the recipe.
- If using frozen fruits keep them in the freezer till the time you need. There is no need to thaw them before using (as a general rule that all ingredients should be at room temperature). Cover them with the dry flour which will absorb their moisture and help to not seeping their juice.
To make eggless strawberry brownie chop strawberry into small pieces. For the measurement, you can refer to awesome measurement conversion details here. Sieve all dry ingredients and mix wet ingredients in another mixing bowl. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix till everything combines. In the last gently fold cut strawberries and bake at 350F or 180C for 30-40 minutes. So let see how to bake these chocolate-flavored eggless strawberry brownie from scratch.
Eggless Strawberry Brownie
Ingredient 16 Pieces
1 Cup fresh strawberries chopped into small pieces
1 Cup coconut sugar or 3/4 cup refined sugar
1/2 Cut olive oil or butter
3/4 Cup chocolate syrup (I used Hershey’s chocolate syrup)
1/3 Cup whole wheat flour
1/4 Cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1.5 Flax egg (see above)
- First of all, clean and cut the strawberries in small chunks.
- Prepared the flax egg and keep aside. See the instructions above how to make a flax egg.
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180C for 10 minutes.
- Take a mixing bowl and add whole wheat flour and cocoa powder. Sift 2-3 times.
- In another mixing bowl add olive oil, chocolate syrup, coconut sugar, and flax egg. Mix till all ingredients are combined well.
- Now add dry ingredients in the wet ingredient and mix till everything combines well.
- Gently fold the chopped strawberries and pour the batter into greased pan.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes. After completing 25 minutes check with the toothpick. Insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- After the baking time over let it sit for some time. It should be completely cool before cutting into pieces. You can also keep in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before cutting.
- Eggless strawberry brownie is ready to serve with ice cream or just garnish with slices strawberry is enough to tempt.
- Read carefully “how to bake with fresh fruits” note above.
- Instead of a flax egg, you can use normal egg.
- you can use butter or coconut oil as well for the same recipe.
- refined flour can also be used for the recipe. The texture will be a bit different. Whole wheat bakes are comparatively dense in texture.