Apple raita is a creamy and delicious raita recipe to prepare by chopped apple mix with thick yogurt in just 5 minutes. Let’s learn how to make one of the easy fruit raita.
This yummy yogurt dish goes well with rice dishes such as pulao (biryani) or during fasting (e.g. Navratri Fasting) or just as a healthy snack. It is perfect for the kids after school snack.
What is apple raita recipe
The combination of apple and yogurt with a few basic spices is called apple raita. Cinnamon and apple work best when they come to flavors.
Garnish it with pomegranate or mint or green coriander. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving for the best taste. You can serve immediately as well.
Benefits of apple raita
Yogurt or curd is a source of protein and fruit is source of carbs. Consuming apple with curd will provide protein and carbohydrate to the body and makes a healthy choice of snack.
This easy and quick recipe can be whipped up in just 5-10 minutes and a perfect option for snacking while meal planning.
Ingredient of apple raita
- Main ingredients: Yoghurt or curd, apple
- Dry spices: salt, cinnamon powder, black pepper powder (optional), sugar (optional)
- Garnishing: Pamogranate or mint or coriander or walnut (pecans)
Variations of apple raita
This raita recipe is very easy to make with just two ingredients, yogurt & apples. Though you can make a few variations as below.
- Apple & fennel raita: In this chopped fennel leaves are added along with other ingredients. Adding mint will become apple mint raita.
- Apple & cucumber raita: Add a few pieces of chopped cucumber in the recipe and you will get this another tasty combo.
- Apple walnut raita: Adding few chopped walnuts into the original raita recipe will give you crunchy raita.
- Apple & pecan raita: Add chopped pecans in original raita to make another crunchy combination.
- Apple Banana Raita: Adding sliced banana pieces in the raita will become another lip-smacking combo and taste just awesome.
Tips to make best apple ka raita
- Always use thick yogurt or curd for raitas.
- You can use any variety of apples like red apple or green apple and adjust sweetness accordingly.
- If preparing in advance then don’t mix any spices. Just add apples in beaten yogurt and keep in the fridge. Add spices before serving.
- It is your choice to use peeled apples.
What goes well with apple raita
So how to serve apple raita? Vegetable biriyani or vegetable pulao and ajwain paratha go perfect with this yummy raita. However, you can consume it as a dessert or snack as well.
This delicious raita can be paired well with any main dish like paratha or paneer recipes or with any rice recipe.
You can also serve it as fusion dessert or fruit parfait with homemade granola. This combination also qualifies for an easy and quick breakfast option on busy mornings.
How to make apple raita recipe
- Add yogurt in a bowl and beat until a creamy and smooth texture.
- Peel the apples and cut in small pieces.
- Add in the beaten yogurt with spices like cinnamon powder, sugar, black pepper and salt as per taste.
- Adjust sugar and salt levels as per your taste. NOTE I did not add sugar in my raita as I prefer natural flavors.
- Mix well and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with pomegranate and mint just before serving.
Check here for more variety of Indian raita recipes to go with everyday meals. There are a number of ways to make raita by adding fruits like mango, strawberry, by adding vegetables like onion, grated carrot, tomato, palak (spinach).
- Cucumber Raita –
- Boondi Raita– One of the most popular Indian Raita recipes to prepare with tiny chickpea flour balls soaked in spicy yogurt.
- Burani Raita –
- Onion Raita –
- Mango raita – Chopped mango pieces combined with spiced yogurt. It goes very well with biryani or mint paratha.
- Lauki Raita – Boiled or steamed lauki or bottle guard mixed in thick creamy curd with few pantry staples. Paired well with ajwain paratha or any Indian flatbread.
Enjoy raitas with biryani or stuffed parathas like paneer paratha, gobhi paratha, aloo paratha, peas paratha, mooli paratha. You can check all paratha recipes here which will go well with these raita recipes. A perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe combination.
Yes, it is a protein rich easy breakfast option with carbohydrate.
2 cup curd/yoghurt
1 medium sized apply cut into small pieces
1 cup pomegranate
¾ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt/black salt
½ tsp cumin powder