20+ Delicious Indian Diwali Sweets- 20+ Traditional and Delicious Diwali Sweets Recipes with pictures for you to try this year.
These Easy Indian Diwali Sweets lists are easy to make with step by step instructions & can be prepared 2-3 days in advance, even more. You can easily store them in the fridge.
This year Diwali is on 14 November 2020. With this post, you will explore some easy & popular options for homemade Deepavali sweets which you can try on the upcoming festivals.
Diwali or Deepavali is a "festival of lights" which is celebrated in India and all over the world.
Diwali or Deepavali is the Hindu festival of lights and symbolizes the victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance.
You can read more about Diwali here. It is the festival to celebrate with loved once with firecrackers, worshipping Goddess Lakshmi & Lord Ganesha, and lighting candles.
This day we exchange gifts & sweets among family & friends. The more sweets the merrier, and Diwali sweets comes in many variety, shape & sizes.
Deepavali or Diwali is celebrated on the no moon day (Amavasya) which falls in the Karthik or Kartik month.
Celebrations start a few weeks ahead of the exact date of Diwali. People do cleaning, renovating, whitewash & decorate their house.
- On the day of Diwali Goddess 'Lakshmi', the goddess of wealth, love & prosperity is worshipped with full devotion.
- Everyone in the house wears new clothes & prepare easy Indian Diwali sweets.
- Delicious meals are prepared with sweets & savory dishes.
- After worshipping Goddess 'Lakshmi', dinner is served followed by firing crackers with family & friends.
- Exchanging gifts with family & friends.
Check this Homemade ghee recipe to make in the instant pot. If you are looking for a homemade yogurt recipe, then check this cold start yogurt-making in the instant pot.
Famous Indian Diwali Sweets Recipes
In India, every state has its own collection of famous Indian mithai or sweets.
In this Indian sweets recipes for Diwali, you will find easy Diwali dessert to make on the same day, or in advance a few days before the festival.
All these Diwali desserts are explained with pictures step by step to help you make easily.
This sweets collection contains Traditional Diwali sweets, easy to make, Healthy Diwali sweets, and few which required no cooking at all.
In general Kala Jamun, Mohanthal, Moong Dal Laddu, Khajur Rolls, Lavang Latika, Karanji are some of the easy Deepavali Indian sweets.
Making homemade Diwali sweets has its own charm. You know what ingredients go in, quality and the best part is you can control the quantity of sugar.
Try these Indian Diwali Sweets like moong dal burfi, two-layered chocolate burfi, dulce de leche coconut ladoo, nachni burfi in upcoming Diwali Festival.
You can check a collection of easy traditional festive recipes to make on any occasion
Also, Check Festival Savory Recipes Collection in case looking for some salty easy recipes to make.
Here is the entire collection of Indian sweets for you to try.
20+ delicious Deepavali Sweets To Try
Make these tried and tested Diwali sweets and serve on Diwali day. So let see 20 delicious Indian sweets for Diwali collection.
1. Moong Dal Laddu a traditional Indian Diwali sweet on a festive occasion.
2. Khajur Burfi Recipe | Khajur Rolls | Dates and Nuts Rolls
3. Chocolate Burfi or Two Layered Chocolate Barfi
4. Mawa Gujhiya (Wholewheat Mava Gujiya) Gujiya is a sweet deep-fried dumpling filled with mawa/khoya, a nuts mixture.
8. Dry Sweet Vermicelli cooked in instant pot
11. Dry Fruit Laddu
12. Dulce De Leche Coconut Ladoo | Coconut Laddu | Nariyal Ladoo
13. Peanut Laddu or Peanut Ladoo
14. Instant Kalakand With Condensed Milk
15. Whole wheat Baked Shakarpara
16. Papchi A Traditional Whole wheat flour Snack From Chattisgarh
17. Kaddu Ka Halwa
18. Sooji Mawa Ladoo | Rava Khoya Ladoo | Sooji Laddu With Khoya | Suji Ke Laddu
19. Puran Poli
20. Lauki ka halwa
22. Gajar halva with milk powder
23. Til mawa laddu
24. Rice Kheer
25. Coconut Laddu
26. Gond ke laddu
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! For more quick & easy recipes, FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Pinterest.
Awesome collection. All the dishes looks fingerlicking good. Very useful post for upcoming Diwali.
Thanks Sujata di for liking Diwali recipe collection.
What an exciting selection of Indian sweets!! I am just looking for new recipes for Indian sweets and these are perfect. Motichoor ladoos look so inviting.
Thanks Minaji for liking this Diwali collection.
Lovely collection of Diwali sweets .. such eye catching pictures.
The sweets are all made so well.
Thanks for liking this Indian Diwali sweets collection.
My favorite Motichur Laddu
yeah, me too planning for Diwali
Beautiful collection of recipes. They all look so tempting.
Thanks Lata for dropping by.
Wow... perfect list for Diwali.
Thanks Neeraj :). Yeah sweets list is ready.
WoW what a lovely and traditional collection of recipes. yum yum , feels like festive, I hope I can grab it all from the screen.. Thanks Bhawana for including mine nankhatai recipe!!
Thanks Jolly for appreciating. and sending your recipe to include in Diwali collection.